U.S. National Guard Capt. Jeffrey Cox watched soldiers lose sight of God in the violence and daily grind of the war in Iraq.
He's hoping they can find their faith again in an Episcopal monastery along the Charles River.
Prodded by Cox, the Society of Saint John the Evangelist is offering a “healing retreat” weekend in October to help soldiers returning from war adapt to life back home and reconnect with their faith.
Read the whole article
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (117)
- ► 2014 (153)
- ► 2013 (73)
- ► 2012 (81)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (18)
- Robot Rampage Paralyzes Pottersville, PA - OR - A ...
- Lard Coffins, or Walter Gets His Wings
- CBC Coverage of Afghanistan Casualties
- U.S. Episcopal Church monks offer retreat for war-...
- Words Unspoken Are Rendered on War’s Faces
- War Stress Pushing Army Suicides Higher
- When a US soldier in Iraq won't soldier
- What I'm Reading: Achtung Schweinhund
- Army Picture Caption Contest
- US Army struggles with soldier who won't pull the ...
- A Sermon for Sunday, August 12th
- What I'm Reading: Anne Rice's Christ the Lord Out ...
- What I'm Reading: Cormac McCarthy's The Road
- ▼ August (13)