Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Warlord Victorian British Infantry

I recently finished this unit of 28mm Victorian British infantry for my alt-ACW project.  These are metal Warlord sculpts, I think by Paul Hicks, for their Crimean War range.   I am fairly sure that these figures are which are OOP as I couldn’t find them on the Warlord website.  I bough them practically for a song from a very generous friend at last year’s Hot Lead convention.

The figures are painted using Foundry paints and the flag is from Adolfo Ramos.    There was only one banner bearer in the unit, so I opted for the regimental flag rather than the national flag, just because I liked the look.

These figures, added to my existing Perry British Infantry Force figures, give me a small brigade, which I’ll try to get some pics of the next time we have some sunlight.  Hopefully they’ll see some action in defence of Upper Canada soon.

Cheers and thanks for looking.   Blessings to your brushes!

MP+

18 comments:

  1. These look splendid fellows!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work and I have some Canadian Militia (10mm) for some alt-ACW too as well as use in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve. I'd love to see your 10mm Canadians. Could you post a link maybe?

      Delete
  3. They definetively look Victorian, great work woth the brushes Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benito my friend. It's a very distinctive uniform, very similar to the Crimean War. I love the look.

      Delete
  4. Very spiffy, your alt games will be eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sculpts and the painting is sweet! Really nice work Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Dai, always appreciate your encouragement.

      Delete
  6. Very nice world on some good figures, shame they no longer seem to be available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ross. I think they are OOP, I didn't see them on the Warlord site. A friend had them in his stash and gifted them to me.

      Delete

Blog Archive

Followers