Tuesday, January 4, 2022

More 6mm Napoleonics: Baccus French

On the heels of my last post about 3D printed 6mm figures, here are some “old school” (do we call them that now?) cast metal 6mm Napoleonic French from Baccus that marched off the painting desk just before New Years.

 

The figures are Baccus code NFR02 French Elite Infantry 1806-1812.   I’ve painted them all with red hat plumes, cords, and epaulettes to make them easily distinguishable on the table top as an elite or veteran unit.  Flags are likewise from Baccus.

This is my standard base for 6mm foot or horse figures, and is the Base Width that I use for measuring if using Sam Mustafa’s LaSalle or Blucher rules.

I have a considerable stash of Baccus figures yet to paint - Bavarians as well as Revolutionary era French in bicornes, so I have lots to work on while I get the teething issues with my Elegoo Mars 3 printer sorted out.  Elegoo thinks the machine shipped with a defective LCD panel, which means the light came out everywhere and the print pattern was impossible.   They’re sending me a replacement part from China, so I may order a second machine to play with while I wait.

Cheers, and blessings you your brushes,

MP

 

5 comments:

  1. Looking good, Michael! Diving into the world of 3D printing? Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too will be interested in how the 3D printing goes.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking bunch of Frenchmen Mike!

    Getting into 3d seems to be all the rage. Not sure when or if I ever will but I’m excited to see what you produce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think old school 6mm are the sorts like Minifigs that came in a block.

    These guys on the other hand look great as painted and based!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! As for the term old school, I think before long, any traditionally produced figures will fit this term. 10 years from I anticipate we will have the means to print our armies in colour and even painting will be a thing of the past!

    Haooy new year, Padre, I hope its a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers