Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Another Year, Another Painting Challenge Done and Dusted

On 21 March, the first day of spring, Curt Campbell (aka The Snowlord) called Time on this year’s Painting Challenge.   I’ve taken part in these efforts off and on over the last decade.   The AHPC has become an international hobby community with painters of all different skill levels and interests.  It’s a fascinating snapshot of the miniature hobby landscape.

Here's the happy builder and painter with his total output for this year's Challenge.



This year I focused mostly on 6mm historicals, but thanks to the special theme rounds or mini-challenges I was inspired to paint this set, The Triumph of Frankenstein, sculpted by Bob Murch of Pulp Figures.

It was also an opportunity to play with my new 3D printer and try make some scenery for a mini diorama:

My post for the Challenge, with more pictures and some “How I Made This” details, is here.   

Taking a break to paint these figures was a welcome rest and an enjoyable diversion.  Sometimes I think we get too focused on our big projects in painting and wargaming, and we forget the pleasure of just doing something for fun.  

Cheers and blessings to your brushes,

MP+

 

Tak

7 comments:

  1. I think this could be a Secret Lab in the Rockies for your Mounties to discover....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent idea James! Mike, make it so!

      Delete
    2. James has made a grand suggestion!

      Delete
  2. Some of your best painting here mate! And these prints are very smooth indeed. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. It was a bit of an early outing for my printer and I was quite happy with the results, though the darn thing still gives me fits from time to time.

      Delete
  3. You have done a lovely job on the ever impressive Pulp Figures Mike, and the steam powered thingamyjjig 3D print looks fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ross, Bob's stuff is a joy to paint. It's a "thingamyjig"? Really? I had WONDERED what it was! :)

      Delete

Blog Archive

Followers