Hello friends:
Not much hobbying to report. Mrs P went into hospital on Friday for a shoulder replacement (she is a poster child for arthritis and had an injury thanks to two adorable but demonic Border Terriers) so after many months of pain and immobility it was finally her turn to go under the knife. It seems a sign of our age that she was besieged with advice by friends who have had joint replacements - take this supplement! don't skimp the physio! do this exercise! The surgery was successful, she came home on Saturday with a sizeable (but not huge) incision, a sling for her arm (at least six weeks of not using her wing) and a cool machine that pumps ice water through a sleeve that fits over the shoulder. I'm managing to get the minimal requisite of parish work done, while getting the odd half hour of paintbench therapy in and keeping an eye on post season baseball (I'm rooting for the Papal White Sox). Mrs P is plucky and deterimed to put her new shoulder to use, so the extra effort as caregiver is worth it.
Well enough about me. Some time ago when this blog was more of a thing, I decided on a feature called Terrain Tuesday. So here's what I've been working on, and pretty much ready to call it done.
This is a print from one of the 28mm sets of STL files from 3D Print Terrain. It's the parsonage that is part of the Aspern Essling church. It printed in several sections, and there wasn't a clean fit between the roof and walls, so I had to use some caulking to fill in the gaps, which are still somewhat noticeable here.
However that's just a small grumble. All of the files I've seen from this designer are top notch - I bought their 6mm Napoleonic line of buildings and now that I'm moving into a larger scale for black powder I wanted some buildings that would work for 18th and early 19th century Europe. I'm sure it's immaculate on the inside, thanks to a brisk no-nonsense housekeeper who looks after the absent minded pastor. I lived in a parsonage for a while, but the squirrels drove me out.
Now that the parsonage is finished, I can turn my attention to the church!
Thanks for looking! I see that my last post on lead figures got a lot of comment, so I need to go through and answer your comments. Hope all's well with you all.
Cheers and blessings to your brushes,
MP+




No comments:
Post a Comment