Sunday, January 7, 2024

WIP: 15mm AFVs from Darkest Star

Playing a game of Xenos Rampant with my friend James over the holidays has whetted my appetite to work on some recently purchased 15mm figures.  

These are resin models (with some metal bits for the wheeled AFV) from Darkest Star Games, a US (I think) company that makes some very nice models in 15mm and 6mm.   Below are two two 15mm grav (floating) APCs for a Terran force that I am slowly building to fight solitaire battles against my Space Kitties (see previous post).    The paint scheme is for deployments to desert/arid environments, inspired by the Canadian vehicles from the Afghanistan era.  I am used the Sand paint from Foundry tri-tone system, with brown ink lining out over the base coat.

Middle tone:

 And the two vehicles closed to the camera finished with the third and lightest coat for highlights.   When I get back to them, I’ll add some decals saved from various model sets for accents.  

As I envision it, the grav APCs could be dropped from a transport once within a planet’s atmosphere to secure a Landing Zone, whereas the wheeled AFV (can I call it a tank if it has wheels?) would need to b brought down to the planetary surface via heavy shuttle.

More on the project next time.   Cheers and blessings to your brushes!

MP+

4 comments:

  1. Good looking space armour, a couple of decals will work wonders and are you going to have stands for your grav tanks/apcs?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're doing a good job of reviving your blog after all. 😁
    nice looking vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. I approve of this SF project! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look nice. They are lovely in 6mm, too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers