Friday, December 16, 2022

WIP: British Regulars For My Alt-ACW Project

Hello friends:  

With my new clerical job feeling more under control, and with Twitter becoming more unpleasant and weird, I’m deciding to double down on the Old School and blogging more, so this is a head start on my new year’s resolution.

I’m currently working on a regiment of 28mm British redcoats that were gifted to me by an old friend.  As far as I know, these are Warlord sculpts, I think by Paul Hicks, from their Crimean War range.  I think they’re OOP, the Warlord website shows British Crimean War infantry but in shakos, whereas these fellows wear Kilmarnock pillbox hats so they look the part and are compatible with my Perry figures from their British Intervention Force Range.

About two thirds of the way through the Foundry tri-tone paint method, though the shoulder ruffs and cuffs are done with GW contrast green.  I am not aiming for a specific British regiment, I just liked green.  

Fortunately I’m well equipped with wine corks!

Hoping to have these fellows finished by Christmas.

Cheers and blessings to your brushes!

MP+

8 comments:

  1. Very nice. I have a similar plan albeit in 1/72. Amongst a load of other projects...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. I would love to learn more about your project!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Jonathan, how are you? He's marching in the right direction. Happy with my progress.

      Delete
  3. These look great, l await a unit with enthusiasm…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post MP nice to have a project for Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stuart, yes, I hope to be finished this unit by Christmas. I have two more units jostling in the queue to be next, SYW Russian grenadiers and Ottoman Janissaries. Who will win?

      Delete

Blog Archive

Followers