Thursday, February 6, 2014

Annibal's Blog Celebration and a Mysterious Box Arrives

I’m very happy to give a shout out here to my friend Benito (Annibal Invictius) who is having a celebration on his blog for having reached 200,000 hits recently.  Benito’s blog is one of my favourite places in the wargaming blogosphere. His enthusiasm for the Too Fat Lardies stable of wargaming rules is a great example of why the “World of Lard” is such a quirky and interesting corner of the hobby.   He also games with an amazing group in Madrid who put on some spectacular and well thought out games.   If you’re interested in World War Two, the Spanish Civil War, or Vietnam, among other subjects, check out his blog.

In other news, a mysterious box arrived today at the Mad Padre’s painting chapel.  Is it?  Could it be?  Finally?  

(To be Continued)

8 comments:

  1. That was not nice. You know wargamers have no patience. What's in the box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have but one thing to say.

    http://tinyurl.com/nzxho7j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Oooh! A parcel of (hopefully) shinies! :)

    Padre - you might want to edit that pic to obscure your address

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad idea, Tamsin - OPSEC was never my strong point. However, anybody who knows me on Facebook can see from my posted running routes where I live, and there's nothing here save a lot of toy soldiers, thick books, and surly cats. Well, there is the missus, who is not thick and is usually not surly. I had better find a way to blank that out.

      Delete
  4. That box is big enough to accommodate almost any sized surprise. We demand the answer!

    Can't wait to see what you do with whatever it is in there - I'm sure it will impress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you waited for at least the time taken to photograph the box before opening it? Call yourself a wargamer sir? Shocking behaviour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All will be revealed tonight. I scarcely know myself yet what's in it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers