It's currently 10:20pm UK time and at midnight over there Build 2 of the Guild Wargamers year long Project is done.
In my last post, I said I would try and get my Yankee cavalry project, a unit of mounted and dismounted 28mm cavalry, finished before this deadline. That ain't going to happen now. I spent a good part of the small hours of this morning and much of my day off cracking on with them, but there is just too much to finish and I don't want to rush the job and compromise the quality. So, I'm downing brushes for the day, and thought I'd show you how far I got.The almost-finished unit on my table at 22:00hrs UK time today:
Elements of the mounted command group. For some reason, I had already glued some figures to the horses before I started, why I'm not sure. The officer and bugler are Perry, the smaller mounted chap is an ancient RAFM figure I've had for years.
Perry horses waiting for their riders. Much easier to paint them when the rider is separate
"A horse, a horse! Get me a horse! It's bloody uncomforable up here!" Perry riders wait for their horses. Easier to paint the riders this way, too, but it took blooming forver to glue them to these nails. Hope I can get them off now!
A not so great shot of the Foundry dismounts milling about. They are a few days behind their mounted brethern.
Hopefully I can get back to these guys by week's end and declare them finished. I think I've been pushing my luck staying so close to the painting bench, the lawn and garden is in awful shape and Mrs. Padre is now muttering darkly under her breath about hiring a groundskeeper.Cheers, Mike