Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Terrain Tuesday: WIP Timecast 6mm Napoleonic Buildings

 

I’m ridiculously happy that this is the SIXTH!!!! consecutive week I’ve done a Terrain Tuesday post here.    HOORAY! <waves hands in the air like Kermit the Frog on the Muppet Show>.   Making this a blogging goal and a painting goal has been good for my productivity, and I’m also happy that it’s lead to a few other semi-regular features (Fantasy Friday, Napoleonics Thursday) starting to appear on this blog.  So hurrah for me and thanks to YOU for reading.   Have a drink.

What have I to show you today?  Not much in the shop window, a semi-gestated terrain project for my 15mm Sicily 1943 project that needs more work before I can show it off, but <looks around wildly>  yes, these two things on the painting bench will do!

Timecast (I think!) resin 6mm Napoleonic style buildings, almost finished the painting.  Still have to do the timbering on one and think of some imaginative colour to paint the doors (other than wood - were people in the early 1800s whimsical about door painting?   Green?  Blue?  Well, they're my buildings, and if the Home Owners’ Association complains, I’ll give them a whiff of grapeshot.

Will probably base these together to suggest a Built Up Area.   I have some more trees and scenic things on order from Timecast, so the finished stand will have to wait until they arrive.

What terrain are you working on?

Cheers and blessings to your brushes!

MP+

10 comments:

  1. HOORAY for you indeed, Michael! Good to see you back to posting on a regular basis. Buildings look good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for you two my friend, I've been meaning to congratulate you on your Little Wars Caesar nomination, well done!

      Delete
  2. Add small garden walls and bushes/trees on a base with these on it and you'll have a very nice "built up" terrain piece. Glad you are keeping up with your Terrain Tuesdays mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, that's the goal, to put a bit of scenery (garden, hedge, road edge, tree) on the base so it can stand in for a town or village in 6mm. Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Very nice work on the buildings and they should like nice based up. I leave mine removable to aid game play, as it's nicer than having units sat on the top of buildings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, yes, that "troops roosting on buildings like pigeons" is a bit of a conundrum.

      Delete
  4. Great work Mike, I'm building some mdf buildings for my Haitian Revolution and Donnybrook periods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray, I must pop by to look at your work, which is always nice. I remember that market you lovingly put together.

      Delete
  5. Oddly enough, also some 6mm buildings - eastern Europe for SYW and Naps. Yours turned out well!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers