Three 15mm resin Opel Blitz German lorries from Gaming Models which I finished just before leaving for Hot Lead. Reasonably priced, fairly well detailed. My only complaint is that the resin had a lot of pitting in the canvas covering the top the back of the truck, but it doesn't show at a reasonable distance. I would buy more of their stuff. These three models will give my Normandy Germans some lift for a battery of 105s that I need to finish shortly.
I totally stole some weathering ideas from some work on the Guild WarGamers forum and tried some techniques with pitting and rust patches. For the rust I tried both a Tamiya weathering kit and then watered down GW Scorched Brown. Both techniques worked reasonably well. I also slathered some globs of brown latex FolkArt brown paint into the wheelwells to look like accumulated mud.
- ► 2017 (34)
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (117)
- ► 2014 (153)
- ► 2013 (73)
- Boardgame Night: War of 1812
- My Weekend At Hot Lead 2: Victorians On Venus
- My Weekend At Hot Lead Part 1
- I Got Blitzed
- ACW Campaign Update - From the Bluffsburg Mercury,...
- ACW Campaign Update - From the Chicago Star, 24 Ju...
- Audet Ambushed: A Platoon Forward Game, Part Thre...
- Audet Ambushed. A Platoon Forward Game, Part Two
- Audet Ambushed. A Platoon Forward Game, Part One
- The Sad Little Chapel
- Boardgames Night: Space Empires
- Little Devils
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (18)