No pretty minis to show tonight, but a little DIY success to brag on. Back in August I reported on an upgrade to the lighting in the wargames room of my (newish) home. Last night I replaced the last of four defective ballast units that prevented me from using all those wonderful fluorescent fixtures. I got a quote from an electrician to replace all the ballasts at $100 a pop. No thanks, I thought. I can buy new ballasts at $30 each.
Here’s the last new ballast, all wired in (said he hopefully).
Then to put the covering plate (a fun job trying to hold it in place with one hand while screwing the ends in with the other), throw the breaker back on (no spitzensparken, good), put the new fluorescent bulbs in, and .. IT”S ALIVE!!!
And here’s the wargames table, under full illumination. Nice!
Now to get a game going on that table.
Blessings to your brushes and die rolls!