Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Farewell to Forgotten and Glorious ACW ,Minis





I was saddened recently to learn that Forgotten and Glorious miniatures will soon be no more.   They are (soon were) a French-based manufacturer of 28mm figures, and had a small but lovely range of 28mm ACWs.    As their website says, they will be out of business in 5 days, on April 15, and their figures will no longer be available.   I have no idea why they are closing - perhaps it is because their figures were never cheap - a command group of 6 foot sold for 15 euros, and the postage from Europe probably didn't help.


Here are some of their figures from my collection, and some more here.






They are lovely and full of detail and great fun to paint.




I have really agonized on ordering some more before they're gone, but I think I am going to resist pulling the trigger on this one.   I have a goodly number of ACW figures to paint, including two boxes of Perry plastics, and a regiment of Renegade figures that have languished, half painted, for two years now - and that's just the ACW part of my lead and plastic mountain!


However, if 28mm ACW is your thing, I would encourage you to have a look at their website before these figures are gone.


Blessings,


MP+

7 comments:

  1. Too bad. I have a few of their Zoauves and they are really nice. Some of the best, I think. If you are wavering on getting some, perhaps, you should make an order so there will be no regrets on missing this opportunity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange the company is just going to close like that. Surely there's someone out there who would buy the moulds and carry the ranges on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They always looked nice, not my period but I guess there are lots of people making ACW, Renegade another make that seems to have fallen by the wayside.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to see Renegade resurrect.

      Delete
    2. I do believe Warlord games bought the company and will be releasing 28mm ACW

      Delete

Blog Archive

Followers