Thursday, November 12, 2015

Hapless Heer and Horrible Hans

Here are three lovely Artizan 28mm sculpts from their Europe Ablaze series.  They will be useful in my Weird War Two project as sentries, guards, and general-duty human targets.  They are really just asking for a Fairbairn-Sykes knife in the back, if you ask me.  

I’ve painted them as bog-standard Wehrmacht troops.  The way I see the project unfolding, the various occult branches of the SS and other sinister organizations will need spear-carriers to provide their outer-perimeter security or even as bait to lure the Allies into the clutches of unspeakable horrors. But don’t tell these fellows that.

 I amy augment these fellows with some of the Foundry 28mm German sentries and guards sets.

Halt!  Papers!   

Commandoes’ eye view.

The boys like my 4Ground Sentry Box and Gate kits.

Forbidding Fritz.

Sergeant Schlachter.  He fancies his moustache makes him a hit with the ladies.

Laconic Lars.  He doesn’t say much.

And here is Horrible Hans,  He’s a wonderful figure from two-fisted sculptor, fellow Canadian Bob Murch.

With his bundle of seven stick grenade, it’s not clear if there will be anything left to stab, but you never know.  I figure my mad scientists will need some hulking psychopaths as their bodyguards.

Just don’t get in his way.

 

These figures bring my 2015 totals to:

28mm:  Foot Figures: 65; Mounted Figures: 11, Artillery: 2, Vehicles: 2, Scenic Pieces: 2

20mm:  Vehicles: 1; Artillery: 1, Foot Figures: 6

15mm: Armour/Vehicles: 5; 15mm Scenic Pieces: 5

6mm:  Scenic pieces:  7


Blessings to your brushes!
MP+

24 comments:

  1. Murch's figures exude character, don't they? Great work, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan! I have more Murch figures almost ready to show. I love them - they mix well with Artizan figs, which are also full of character.
      Bonus marks for using "exude" in a reply. :)

      Delete
  2. Good painting work, they look very menancing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Benito! Menacing was what I was hoping for, especially Horrible Hans. :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely...especially the overweight chap with the moustache!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon. The moustache was a lovely inspiration of the sculptor - you can tell he's a bit of an Adolf fanboy.

      Delete
  4. I think Lars says "Aaaaaaerrgh"
    Perhaps Hans has seen the Soviet horrors, hence the face and needing to throw bundle grenades at things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or "blarrrgggg".
      A large bundle of grenades is one cure for PTSD but not recommended for Veterans' Affairs.

      Delete
  5. They all look grand! I really like Hans though, he does ooze character. I hope Mr Murch's pre contact woodland Indians get general release soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look grand! I really like Hans though, he does ooze character. I hope Mr Murch's pre contact woodland Indians get general release soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. I have some of those woodland Indians. I won't say why. But they are fantastic sculpts and I hope to start painting them this weekend.

      Delete
  7. Commando eye view, made me chuckle! Splendid work Padre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every guard force needs a Fritz, Schlacter, and Lars. Hans looks like he is meant for more important assignments (like bodyguard or driver for the interrogator or mad scientist.). Lovely work, Padre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steven. I like the idea of Hans as a driver, but that would mean getting a 28mm vehicle for my pulp figures. Not sure he would drive the Mercedes staff car but I could see him in. Kubelwagen or maybe a BMW motorbike with, of course, a twin MG42 mounted in the sidecar!

      Delete
  9. Splendid work Padre! One minor criticism though... it's not "HÄLT" but "HALT" Just like in english ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke schon my friend. I was very lazy about that. The 4Ground model seemed to have an umlaut above the A. I'll try to fix that. Glad you like the figures, that's high praise.

      Delete
  10. Those look great! The panzerknacker-knife combo only works in darkness though. And if the enemy refuses to shoot at you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. Knowing Hans, he would probably just stab the panzer to death and save the grenades for a really high value target, like a Soviet Army HQ, or a basket of kittens.

      Delete
  11. Looking good Michael good act out a commando raid or S.O.E operative sneaking into an enemy fortress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Simon! I have just the plucky lads ready to try and slip past these fellows to wreak mayhem.

      Delete
  12. I love these 3 artizan models. They give a very addition to any game that involves a scenario.
    First time I see Horrible Hans, but I think this is one time too many

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cedric! Try not to think of HH too much. I hope he doesn't give you nightmares!

      Delete

Blog Archive

Followers