Tuesday, July 27, 2021

#Terrain Tuesday: Barrage Miniatures Kickstarter Goodies Have Arrived!

 I'm not a big Kickstarter guy, but th offer from Madrid-based Barrage Miniatures seemed too good to pass up - modular resin/rubber terrain for the miniatures tabletop.   

In backing the KS, I chose a green river, almost enough to cover the width of two of my tables, plus enough shore sections to line both banks.   


That river was just crying out for some boats, so I dug out my 1/600 Thoroughbred Miniatures ironclads and my instincts were correct, it all looks great together!




Hammerin' iron!  The nice thing about this system is that I could only line one side of the river mat with shore sections, creating a bay or shoreline, or I could use the modular bits to decrease the width of the river as needed by the scenario or scale - perhaps a 6mm version of Aspern Essling!


Here are some of the other pieces that came with the KS.  Cropped and plowed field, multicoloured sections to mark out woods and to depict fallen leaves, a desert mat for the farmyard, and stone wall sections.  Lots of round green grass sections that blend in nicely with my GeekVillain mat.


The elevations here are old T-shirts rolled up and placed under the Geek Villain mat.  Again, the green resin pieces are useful for hiding the creases in the mat where it falls over the t-shirt hills.




Of course, now that I've laid out this table, I need to get some troops on it.  It all looks Civil War-y, so ...

Cheers and blessings,

MP+

5 comments:

  1. I agree, very Civil War-y. Get to it!

    Nice river sections though - look far more lifelike than a lot I've seen. Mine are plastic and by Pegasus Hobbies, very affordable and they look it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing some gaming on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look quite good. Even better with you lovely boats on the river!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rivers look the bus8ness Mike. The green shade woks really, looks jus5 like Wascana Creek.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers