Since a few folks have emailed me about how this campgaign might work, H
here are my thoughts, such as they are.
1) I will use a more developed version of the map posted here
1) Movement will be point to point. I will give players some guidelines for their orders, such as "Bde A will move in column of march from Xtown to Ytown" or "B Regt will send a company to scout Ztown for enemy forces".
2) Players will only know their order of battle and will only know the players on their team. Knowledge of enemy forces will develop through reconnaissance, troops in contact, etc.
3) Players will submit their orders to me and I will update the master map.
4) Battles will be fought out using TFL rules, either TCHAE for large actions or TSS for smaller actions such as patrols. For naval actions, I will use a set a boardgame called Shot and Shell. Players will have some opportunity to see the tabletop develop and issue orders, but I will layout and fight the actions on my tabletop.
5) I may write some very rudimentary rules for supply and command and control. Still thinking about that.
This is as far as my thinking has advanced and I am probably a month away from starting this.
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (117)
- ► 2014 (153)
- ► 2013 (73)
- ► 2012 (81)
- Cheeseheads! Introducing the 2nd Wisconsin
- Still Thinking About An ACW Campaign
- Work in Progress: Dirty Gunners and Pretty Federal...
- Thinking About An ACW Campaign - The Battle for Bl...
- Audet's Church: The Aftermath
- German Weapon Memes
- IABSM Third Edition En Route!
- Waterloo in Plastic: A Brief Battle Report
- ▼ October (8)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (18)