Hello friends:
There's been more activity in the shipyards and recently two more 1/300 scale ships have sailed to join my collection for gaming with the Torpedoes and Tides rules.
I ordered two of the freighter models from Skytrex from their Cruel Seas line and now have one painted. Nice kits, a resin hull with metal superstructure, funnel, lifeboats, and other bits. I used green painter's tape to mark off the upper white section of the hull and gave it the usual weathering treatment. The funnel marking is of my own design. I haven't given my commercial ships any flags because they are equal opportunity targets.
Also finished is an armed merchant trawler which I found on Thingverse. Do a search there for Cruel Seas and you'll find quite a few useful models. The designer says this is 1/300 scale, and I have no idea if it is, it looks rather big to my eye. It looks a close enough match to photos of the Isles class trawlers of the RN, so it will do as an escort vessel. I gave it a quick paint job to suggest the Western Approaches pattern, and found some Skytrex metal crew and guns. The mast is made from copper wire. There are no depth charges modelled but she could usefully represent an ASW or sweeper vessel on the table top. Hopefully she'll give the E Boat skippers something to think about.
Cheers and blessings to your brushes!
MP+



No comments:
Post a Comment