Thursday, January 13, 2022

28mm Foundry Victorian Civilians

Hello friends:

I can’t believe it’s almost the middle of January and I still have some finished projects from 2021 that I haven’t blogged here, so today I can offer these four Victorian ladies and gents from Foundry.

These minis were primed in Citadel Corax White and then painted with the Foundry tri-tone paint system, which I’m slowly feeling more comfortable with.  I’m happy with some of the colour gradients in the men’s suits and the blue dress.

These four were a test paint from several bags worth of Foundry’s Victorian civilian range.   I’m happy with them and plan to paint the rest for ACW (and my alt-ACW) tables.

Cheers and blessings to your brushes,

MP+

15 comments:

  1. Very nice and very civil, Mike! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pastor. Yes, they are a civil bunch, never cause any trouble.
      Cheers,
      Mike

      Delete
  2. Nice! It is a luxury when the painted figure backlog exceeds the blog queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, I mustn't forget the blogging. Quite pleasantly busy here at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work on these Mike, I particularly like the skin tones on the lady in blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross, yes she came out ok. I tried to give her lady friend an oriental design on her fan, but i just came out as smudges, but still happy with them both.

      Delete
  4. Great sculpts and great paint jobs on them! A whole chock load of these types will definitely add some fun character to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai. I hope to have enough of these figures to line a small street and greet the troops as they march by. No real wargaming value in that, just eye candy.

      Delete
  5. Good sculps but really brought to life as painted. Looking forward to their story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ys, Foundry do nice stuff, I'm a sucker for their work, even if the cost of shipping lead across the Atlantic is crazy. And I see they've jus upped their paint prices. Oh well.

      Delete
  6. Those are lovely and the foundry paint system really brings at the folds in the castings.
    Great job.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. High praise coming from you, Michael, many thanks.

      Delete
  8. Those have turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers