Friday, July 19, 2019

Meanwhile in Rohan 7


A project I started at the beginning of May is finally finished.    Here are four Footsore Miniatures, their 28mm Goth Heavy Cavalry four figure pack (03GTH201F), which I've painted as Riders of Rohan to augment my gallant eoreds.



As I said in May's post, I wasn't totally happy with these figures.   They came with a substantial amount of flash, and I had to drill the hands out so their weapons would fit.   The weapons themselves were javelins purchased from North Star, because the Footsore fellows came sans pokey things.



The shield transfers come from Little Big Men Studios, from this Saxon banner and shield transfer set.   I know they have Christian crosses on them, but the Mad Padre in me doesn't mind baptizing my Rohirrim a little bit.



I know that Tolkien's Rohirrim were nicknamed "strawhairs" by the orcs, but I wanted to give them a bit of variety with their hair colour.


The building in the background is the 4Ground Viking Trader's shop which was under construction in the last post on this subject.   It turned out well, and the teddy bear fur which the kit included looks good when finished.   I might make some horsehead silhouettes for the crossed roof beams at some point.


The roof comes off easily, revealing the feasting table and benches included in the kit.


The cart is also a 4Ground model, and with the 3D printed scatter terrain (a lucky find at the last Hotlead convention), adds some texture.


My complete Rohan village, accumulated over the last ten years, ready for battle.



I have another big 4Ground project almost completed, and there is a Rohan tie-in, so I hope to showcase that here soon.   My Twitter followers (@MarshallLuigi) will already know something about that.

Blessings to your brushes and buildings!

MP






7 comments:

  1. Nice work on the cavalry and I like the Viking building a lot. I think it would work as a Pacific Northwest Indian long house too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Ancients Cavalry look perfect for the Rohirrim! Good stuff Mike, and that village is right out of the film in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing them in action. They look great.lam intrigued by the other 4ground project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to see all that goodness in action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your Goths work really well as riders of Rohan and you've done a nice job on the terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers