Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Indispensable Napoleonics Playing Aid: The Foy Mug

I was quite saddened to learn that while I had strayed from the Interwebs this winter I had missed the deadline for a contest to win the highly prestigious MS Foy mug.  I wasn’t above emailing Max Foy including his agent Tony, and whining and snivelling until he relented and sent me one.  Here his stern and martial visage watches critically as I send La Grand Armee into battle.

And an inspirational message to keep in mind.

Bless you, Tony, I am quite delighted to have this prestigious and highly necessary piece of kit, from which I shall sip tea (hot, strong, sweet) while I contemplate brilliant moves and ask myself, What Would Foy Do?

9 comments:

  1. It takes a big man to grovel publicly. A big mug well earned. Kudos to both parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was demmed kind of Foy, to be sure. He had best be careful, lest his reputation as a curmudgeon suffer.

      Delete
  2. Michael, you are an inspiration for grovelers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To quote my favourite line from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle show:
      "Badinoff, you are a spineless bootlicker. Fortunately for you, I LIKE spineless bootlickers!"

      Delete
  3. A truly magnificent example of abasement in the name of beverage containment. Bravo, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you HW. When it comes to self-abasement, I leave the others in the basement.

      Delete
  4. Mark, if you were to commission a Sun of York wine glass, I would be the first to grovel at your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It improved your game I hope Padre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, useful, and so true...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers